When were replace method added to UTCDateTime?

Hi

Trying to work with UTCDateTime objects I get a an error that the replace method does not exist. I Currently have obspy 1.1.1 installed (via ubuntu package manager), example:

Python 3.6.9 (default, Oct  8 2020, 12:12:24) 
[GCC 8.4.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import obspy
>>> print(obspy.__version__)
>>> from obspy.core import UTCDateTime
>>> t = UTCDateTime()
>>> t.replace(day=15)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'UTCDateTime' object has no attribute 'replace'

So basically wondering if this is a problem with my version of obspy or something else?

obspy 1.1.1 is to old, see also

Ok, thanks.

One question. How is it, would it be hard to add to the obspy docs some information on when various functions/methods/attributes were added (i.e. from which version). similar to such notes found in the standard python modules E.g. the description of class datetime.timezone on: datetime — Basic date and time types — Python 3.9.2 documentation ?

This imho wold be quite helpfull when one is stuck writing code for some machine that do not run the latest version of update and do not have the possibility to update.

Thanks \p

Hi,
See here ChangeLog — ObsPy Documentation (1.2.0)

Yes, and question is then if this can easily be integrated into the documentation of individual functions/classes/methods/attributes so that one does not need to resort to the change log?

that is not trivial for existing source code - one has to do manually and that is quite a lot of work - however, if someone starts it in a PR we will probably adopt it for future addition as its really helpful