Problems with dataless after get_paz()

Hello everyone

I’m having troubles with a dataless SEED file generated with PDCC-3.8, running the next block of code:

dataless = “CU.BCIP.dataless”
d = Parser(dataless)
inv = d.get_inventory()

for chn in inv[‘channels’]:
channel_id, start_date = chn[‘channel_id’], chn[‘start_date’]
print channel_id
PAZ = d1.get_paz(seed_id=channel_id,datetime=start_date)

The dataless have two epochs (six channels in total) and when the loop reaches a different epoch this exception is raised:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “prueba.py”, line 19, in
PAZ = d2.get_paz(seed_id=channel_id,datetime=start_date)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/obspy/io/xseed/parser.py”, line 538, in get_paz
blockettes = self._select(seed_id, datetime)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/obspy/io/xseed/parser.py”, line 511, in _select
raise SEEDParserException(msg % (seed_id))
obspy.io.xseed.utils.SEEDParserException: More than one channel found with the given SEED id: CU.BCIP.00.BH1

I tested the same code with another dataless with many epochs, and everything is ok. Does anyone know what the problem is? Attached is the dataless file. Thank you in advance for any help that somebody can give me.

Cheers!!

P.D: I am using Obspy 1.0.2 with Python 2.7.6 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CU.BCIP.dataless.log (1.84 KB)

Hi Nelson,

I have no experience with PDCC and without looking at the final SEED file I can only make some guesses. ObsPy raises this error if it finds multiple Blockettes 50 or 52 for the same stations/channels at the same point in time.

Please check the SEED files for these problems. If ObsPy is for some reason to strict, please open an issue on Github.

Cheers!

Lion