Help Needed for Continuous Seismic Data Downloads with ObsPy

Hey folks,

I hope everyone’s doing great! I’m reaching out today because I could really use your expertise and support regarding the continuous downloading of seismic data using ObsPy.

You probably know ObsPy is an awesome Python framework for working with seismic data. It’s got tons of cool features that make analyzing and processing seismic data a breeze. But here’s the thing: I’m facing some challenges in setting up a system for downloading seismic data continuously, and I’m hoping you can lend a hand.

I want to create a system that can automatically grab seismic data without interruption. By having a constant stream of data, I can dig deeper into my analyses, monitor seismic activity, and contribute to ongoing research efforts in seismology. However, I’m a bit lost when it comes to the best practices, potential limitations, and any other considerations for achieving this goal.

So, if any of you have experience working with ObsPy and continuously downloading seismic data, I’d be forever grateful for your guidance. Maybe you can point me in the right direction, suggest the most effective ObsPy functions to use, or offer advice on managing and storing the data. Heck, if you know any cool data sources or APIs, I’d love to hear about those too!

If you know of any resources, tutorials, or documentation that could help me out, please send them my way. I’m eager to learn and willing to put in the work to overcome the challenges I’m facing.

Let’s collaborate and pool our knowledge within this fantastic community! Together, we can push the boundaries of our understanding of seismic events and contribute to the broader scientific community’s efforts in earthquake monitoring and analysis.

Thanks a million for your time and support. I’m really looking forward to hearing from you and being an active member of our lively community.

seems like a duplicate, so closing