freeze while trying to remove instrument response

Hi obspy users,

obspy froze while I tried to remove instrument response for some TA stations, ex: 034A for Tohoku EQ.
it's kinda weird. it's totally fine while I tried to get the same station, 034A for other EQs, such as Haiti EQ.

but it freezes everytime while I try to download for Tohoku EQ.
it seems to me that there is instrument information and of trace in stream structure
but somehow, it just freezes at "st.remove_response(output="DISP")" for a long long long time.

any idea??

Thank you.

Cheers,
Patty

FYI:

from obspy.fdsn import Client
from obspy import UTCDateTime
from obspy.fdsn.header import FDSNException
import numpy as np

client = Client()

t1 = UTCDateTime("2011-03-11:T04:00:00.000")
t2=t1+60*60*2
EVTs = client.get_events(starttime=t1, endtime=t2, minmag=8.0)
print(EVTs)
EQt = EVTs[0]['origins'][0]['time']

st=client.get_waveforms("TA", "034A","*","BHZ",EQt-60*60,EQt+60*60*6, attach_response=True)

print(st[0].stats)

st.remove_response(output="DISP")

st.detrend("demean")
st.detrend("linear")
st.plot()

pattylin [30.05.2014 00:21]:

obspy froze while I tried to remove instrument response for some TA stations, ex: 034A for Tohoku EQ.
it's kinda weird. it's totally fine while I tried to get the same station, 034A for other EQs, such as Haiti EQ.

but it freezes everytime while I try to download for Tohoku EQ.
it seems to me that there is instrument information and of trace in stream structure
but somehow, it just freezes at "st.remove_response(output="DISP")" for a long long long time.

How long is "long long long"? Does it not finish at all? Could you give some numbers?

The station TA.034A is located in Texas, i.e. much closer to Haiti than Japan. Could it therefore simply be a matter of time window length? Have you tried the restitution for other events in a distance comparable to Japan? But again, it would be helpful if you could be a little more specific.

Cheers
Joachim