Bulk Query from ORFEUS problem?

Hi All,

I’m trying to download a set of mini seeds from ORFEUS, and use a bulk query:
st=client.get_waveforms_burk(stations_list, attach_response=True)
When I try to download this set from IRIS, no problem, but when I try the same query from ORFEUS, it claims ‘no data for this request.
A station my station download using:
st=Client.get_waveforms(client,*stations_list[0])
is no problem. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?

- Sjoerd.

Dear Sjoerd,

I’ll probably will not be able to help you immediately because your problem description is somewhat incomplete, but you might be expecting a service behaviour which is not (yet) available. So let’s see if we can figure by some clarifications.

Hi All,

I’m trying to download a set of mini seeds from ORFEUS, and use a bulk query:
st=client.get_waveforms_burk(stations_list, attach_response=True)

Which Client are you referring to? FDSN web service?

When I try to download this set from IRIS, no problem, but when I try the same query from ORFEUS, it claims ‘no data for this request.

Are you talking about the same set of data, you are trying to obtain from the different data centres?
The FDSN web service by itself does not provide any routing or federation mechanism. You can obtain only data which is available at the specific data centre using FDSN standard web service. One (somewhat rough) method to get information on the available stations is the FDSN station service or you can try to use IRIS fedcatalog service which however is not a standard.

A station my station download using:
st=Client.get_waveforms(client,*stations_list[0])
is no problem. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?

To understand better you problem we would need to know which stations you are trying to request.

Cheers!
~petr

Hi Petr,

here is an example script, for me, the last call to _bulk gives: “obspy.fdsn.header.FDSNException: No data available for request."
but only when I use ORFEUS, instead of IRIS:

There is also the EIDA routing service, which is running on several EIDA nodes now and will hopefully converge with IRIS fedcatalog into a single FDSN standard in the future.

I implemented experimental ObsPy support for the EIDA routing service a while ago:

https://bitbucket.org/andresh/eidaws-python/src/master/clients/

Regards,
Andres.