Dear OpenSource community,
We announce our next very popular Beginner Training for OpenSource SeisComP introducing this software for real-time earthquake monitoring in the latest version with lots of new useful features including graphical interfaces and data processing!
Location: gempa offices, Potsdam, Germany
Dates: 18 - 21 March, 2024
Details and registration: open now online: gempa GmbH - Basic Training for SeisComP
This Beginner Course is perfect for new SeisComP users who wish to get quickly started with a productive SeisComP system. You will learn operating SeisComP from us - the main developers of this wide-spread OpenSource software package for real-time and non-real-time earthquake monitoring.
Training topics include:
- Introduction to characteristics of SeisComP.
- Setup of a full SeisComP system from scratch, installation of the latest SeisComP release and future updates.
- Generation of station information including responses.
- Setup of the data acquisition, storage and distribution using SeedLink and FDSNWS.
- Configuration of the automatic and interactive data processing modules through the graphical user interface and by command-line tools.
- In-depth introduction and application of graphical user interfaces for data analysis.
- Data management utilities.
- Tuning of SeisComP for local, regional and global earthquake monitoring including waveform processing, automatic phase pickers, event locators and associator.
- Application and tuning of magnitudes.
- Hands-on training with focus on application of interactive data analysis.
- Real-time playbacks for system verification and user training.
- Non-real-time playbacks for ultra-fast processing of massive data.
- Customization of graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
Read the complete list of topics on our website:
The training is highly hands-on oriented and very intensive. You get to learn and to practice actively at all times. Therefore, the registration to the training is open to everyone but limited to a maximum of 8 persons.
You may find all further details including registration online in the announcement of the course:
gempa GmbH - Basic Training for SeisComP .
More basic and advanced trainings will be announced online:
gempa GmbH - Events .
See you soon in Potsdam!
Dirk Roessler and the team of gempa