Dear OpenSource seismology community,
We announce our next very popular Beginner Training for SeisComP introducing OpenSource SeisComP in the latest version 5 with lots of new useful features, new magnitude and amplitude processing! Referred to in many treads within this forum, SeisComP is just perfectly complementing ObsPy in real-time and non-real-time seismology.
Location: gempa offices, Potsdam, Germany
Dates: 13 - 16 March, 2022
Registration: open now online: gempa GmbH - Basic Training for SeisComP
This Beginner Course is perfect for new SeisComP users who wish to get quickly started with a productive SeisComP system. You will learn operating SeisComP from us - the main developers of this wide-spread OpenSource software package for real-time and non-real-time earthquake monitoring.
Training topics include:
- Introduction to characteristics of SeisComP.
- Setup of a full SeisComP system from scratch, installation of the latest SeisComP release and future updates.
- Generation of station information including responses.
- Setup of the data acquisition, storage and distribution using SeedLink and FDSNWS.
- Configuration of the automatic and interactive data processing modules through the graphical user interface and by command-line tools.
- In-depth introduction and application of graphical user interfaces for data analysis.
- Data management utilities.
- Tuning of SeisComP for local, regional and global earthquake monitoring including waveform processing, automatic phase pickers, event locators and associator.
- Application and tuning of magnitudes.
- Hands-on training with focus on application of interactive data analysis.
- Real-time playbacks for system verification and user training.
- Non-real-time playbacks for ultra-fast processing of massive data.
- Customization of graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
Read the complete list of topics on our website:
The training is highly hands-on oriented and very intensive. You get to learn and to practice actively at all times. Therefore, the registration to the training is open to everyone but limited to a maximum of 8 persons.
You may find all further details including registration online in the announcement of the course.
More basic and advanced trainings will be announced online.
See you soon in Potsdam!
Dirk Roessler and the team of gempa