update obspy

Good morning !!!

I want to update my obspy version because I am having problems to plot waveforms, could you guide me to do it? My OS is Mac OS X 10.7.5.

Thank you so much.

Hey Juan,

you need to provide more context. How did you install ObsPy in the first place? The upgrade paths differs depending on the answer to that questions.

In case you installed ObsPy and dependencies yourself or via homebrew, the following should do the trick:

$ pip install -U obspy

You can also have a look here for some more information:

https://github.com/obspy/obspy/wiki/Installation-on-Mac

Please note that the OSX app has not yet been updated to 0.9.0. I hope to get it done this week. The other ways of installation should work just fine.

Cheers!

Lion

Hey Juan,

you need to provide more context. How did you install ObsPy in the first place? The upgrade paths differs depending on the answer to that questions.

In case you installed ObsPy and dependencies yourself or via homebrew, the following should do the trick:

$ pip install -U obspy

You can also have a look here for some more information:

Create new page · obspy/obspy Wiki · GitHub

Please note that the OSX app has not yet been updated to 0.9.0. I hope to get it done this week. The other ways of installation should work just fine.

The same is unfortunately true for MacPorts. I did most of the work and testing, but it was not yet published. I hope this can happen soon. In case you cannot wait and are interested to use MacPorts with a private repo, I can provide you a "preview".

~petr

Hi Lion, I installed it by OSX app, I installed this app about two months ago, it says that is version 0.1.5.

Hi Juan,

then you need to wait a couple of days until I manage to update the app. I have a build that works on my machine but I still need to test it on other versions of OSX.

If it is urgent I recommend you to install either via Homebrew or MacPorts as detailed on the ObsPy wiki.

Cheers!

Lion

Is it necesary unistall the old version to install the new one, what folders should i to delete to do not create problems?

Thank you!!!

To uninstall the application you just have to delete the application as you would delete any other OSX application. You furthermore will want to remove any virtual environments you created on top of the application.