test suite ...

Hi all,

I am a bit puzzled with the test suite of ObsPy. Maybe someone has a clearer picture and can make me understand better.

I ran the test suite by running obspy-runtests-2.7 (Macports version) and all looks okay:

--- snip ---
petr% obspy-runtests-2.7
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................s.....................................................................sss....ss.sss.sss.sss........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hi Petr,

that appears to be some kind of path issue. Please check the following things:

1. Do you have more than one version of ObsPy/Python/... installed and paths are somehow mangled?
2. Make sure that libgfortran is available and can be found. LD_LIBRARY_PATH can help.
3. obspy-runtests and python should of course refer to the same installation.

Hope it helps!

Lion

Hi Petr,

that appears to be some kind of path issue. Please check the following things:

1. Do you have more than one version of ObsPy/Python/... installed and paths are somehow mangled?

Well there are more version of Python: The original ones of the system, and the ones installed through the MacPorts. I usually use only the ones from Macports (versions 2.7 I my default working version, 2.6 and 3.2 are installed as well for testing). ObsPy is installed against Macports versions 2.7 and 2.6, the second again only for testing; Path points to /opt/local/bin which would expose the Macports versions;

2. Make sure that libgfortran is available and can be found. LD_LIBRARY_PATH can help.

The cause of the import error is clear to me. This is a problem with linking during the build of the libtaup.so library. In the context of MacPorts, it is not strait forward to fix this. It was not a problem some time ago, but MacPorts changed the approach compilers are selected by on the various platforms.

3. obspy-runtests and python should of course refer to the same installation.

I just wonder that this problem (import error) got unnoticed running the test. The obspy-runtests-2.7 is relative to the Macports Obspy installation against Python 2.7 from Macports. So the test and the manual import should run the same instance of Obspy.

I would expect the runtest to fail as well, but it does not. That is why I missed the problem with the libfortran library, when the compiler selection was changed. But I still have not found any explanation why the runtest completes successfully.

~petr