Hi All, attached to this mail is a minimal working script to illustrate my issue
Have there been some changes to the seedlink protocol between v3.1 and 3.2? The reason for asking is that I found out this week that I seedlinkclient I wrote and ran, based on obspy, at the end of last year did not work anymore. Funny enough the script worked as should on a different server than the one I had accessed the last time I ran it, even on the same stream as this is available by both servers.
After some debuging it turns out that the server I used to connect to is not running seedlink 3.2 whilst the one that I can get data from runs 3.1, ergo my question if something changed between the version (as I have no idea what the first server ran half a year ago). The problem can be narrowed down to specifying the start of the data to request (attribute begin_time of th SLClient), if I skip this both server will happily stream data to me.
to demostrate that that it works (well is accepted...) to request data from the seedlink 3.1 server with specified begin_time, run the attached script with
to demonstrate that the seedlink 3.2 server also accepts my request given that I do no set begin_time run the script with argument "pass2"
to demonstrate that the seedlink 3.2 server do NOT accept my request if begin_time is set use argument "fail" on the script.
Now of course I could be doing something really stupid here, but then hopefully someone will be kind enough to point it out for me (preferably with some pointer (on where I can read up) on how to do it properly)
mySLClient.py (1 KB)